Scheduling an Appointment with Rachel Tolen
Advising appointments with HPPLC specialists focus on helping students prepare for admission to professional school. Please meet with your assigned academic advisor within your degree/major to discuss registration planning, degree requirements, and your graduation timeline.
Scheduling An Appointment With Rachel
To schedule an appointment:
1. Go to this link: https://starnet.indiana.edu/.
2. Log in with your IU username and passphrase.
3. Select “Schedule an Appointment” from the menu on the left side of the page.
4. Use the “Search for Advisor” feature and enter “Tolen” to find my calendar.
5. Click on “View Calendar.”
6. Select an open appointment time that fits your schedule.
7. Enter the information requested. In the purpose field provide the following information:
- Your year in college (freshman = 2 or fewer semesters of college experience, sophomore = 3 or 4 terms, junior = 5 or 6 terms, senior 7 or more terms)
- Your primary preprofessional area of interest (medicine, dentistry, etc.)
- When you plan to apply (for instance, applying during the 2016-2017 application cycle)
- The topic(s) you wish to discuss during your appointment (MCAT prep, personal statement, application process, etc.). We encourage you to bring a list of all questions or concerns to your appointment.
- Your phone number.
Phone appointments are available for those not currently in Bloomington, for example if you are gone for the summer but need an appointment. If you are out of town and scheduling a phone appointment, you should follow the procedures above but you MUST input "PHONE APPOINTMENT" at the front of the "Purpose" field and provide your phone number. The advisor will call you at the designated time of your appointment; please be ready by your phone.
NOTE: IU Bloomington students should not call or email to schedule appointments, but instead use the procedures above.
HPPLC advisors are happy to meet with IUB alumni. Phone appointments are available for those not currently in Bloomington.
- If your IU email account is still active you may follow the directions above to schedule an appointment through the self-scheduling system.
- If you are an IUB alum but your IU email is no longer active then you can call 812.855.1873 to schedule an appointment.
IMPORTANT: Drop-in advising meetings are generally 15 minutes maximum, and are first-come, first-served. Drop-ins are appropriate for discussing one quick question, but not for indepth planning. If you are bringing any written materials you would like to be reviewed you must bring them printed out on paper, not on a laptop or flash drive. If you want materials reviewed and you do not bring them in printed form you may be asked to schedule an appointment at another time.
Rachel Tolen's usual Drop-in hours (subject to change):
Drop-in appointments are not being held at this time. If you would like to meet, please schedule an appointment.
Please check the calendar on Starnet before coming to Drop-In Advising to make sure they are being held on the day you plan to come.