Scheduling an Appointment with David Owen
Scheduling An Appointment with David Owen
Please do NOT call HPPLC to arrange for an appointment (unless you are an alumnus and no longer have a valid IU email account).
IMPORTANT: In the online appointment scheduling system, enrolled IUB students MUST input the following information into the appointment "Purpose" field:
- Your year in college (freshman = 2 or fewer semesters of college experience, sophomore = 3 or 4 terms, junior = 5 or 6 terms, senior 7 or more terms);
- Your PRIMARY preprofessional area of interest (but you can raise other considerations during your appointment if you are still exploring options);
- The PRIMARY topic you wish to discuss during your appointment, e.g., personal essay, clinical experience, researching programs, etc. (However, we encourage you to bring a list of all questions or concerns to your appointment);
- Your phone number & IU email address (must be your IU email!);
- (Phone appointments are available for those not currently in Bloomington, for example if you are gone for the summer but need an appointment. If you are out of town and scheduling a phone appointment, you MUST input "PHONE APPOINTMENT" at the front of the "Purpose" field. The advisor will call you at the designated time; please be ready by your phone.**
** If you are in Bloomington you should not schedule phone appointments but instead come to the HPPLC office for your meeting.)
NOTE: IU Bloomington students should not call or email to schedule appointments. Instead, to schedule an appointment with David, return to the online scheduling system and enter Owen in the advisor search box. BE SURE TO INCLUDE EACH OF THE ABOVE PIECES OF INFORMATION IN THE APPOINTMENT "PURPOSE" FIELD. Click HERE for the appointment calendar (you may be prompted to log in).
HPPLC advisors are happy to meet with IUB alumni. Phone appointments are available for those not currently in Bloomington.
- If your IU email account is still active you may follow the directions above to schedule an appointment through the self-scheduling system.
- If you are an IUB alum but your IU email is no longer active then you can call 812.855.1873 to schedule an appointment.
Drop-in advising is not available with David Owen.